Ticker

Layout

July 18, 2010

I SWALLOWED MY GUM!!!!

OMG Tonight I was chewing gum and I swallowed it!!!
I started freaking out because when I asked my doctor if I could still chew gum after surgery, he said yeah thats fine just don't swallow it. AND I DID!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent swallowed gum since I was like 10!!

OMG whats gonna happen?!?! Is it gonna go through my pouch?! Will it clog up my pouch!!?

Shit, im scared. I drank some water & everything went down fine.

I hope nothing happens. UGH, just my luck. FML

Sig2

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be fine especially since you can drink water.

Camille said...

That is scary. I "lost" gum one time. I couldn't remember swallowing it or spitting it out and I freaked. I don't chew gum anymore. I'm sure if it was stuck, you would feel it.

Nella said...

I did the same and slightly panicked cause I didn't know what to expect and I was fine. Wouldn't make it a habit...but you know you can in case of emergency!

Meli said...

i lost a tampon once. couldn't remember taking it out. but i couldn't feel it in there. thought maybe it was really deep and if i inserted another one i would die. turns out i must have pushed it out peeing or something. whew! i know this is unrelated but at least it made you smile. ;) if you haven't noticed any problems you're probably ok.

Kayla said...

Whew!

Thanks guys. I think everything will be okay, i hope.


@Meli - LOL Ive had that happen too!!! Scared the shit outta me!!

Kerri said...

I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out: http://justmeandmyband.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-am-back.html

DiZneDiVa said...

Hey! I am a new follower who found you thru Kerri's award blog... i was banded March 23rd, 2010. I look forward to following your journey. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

Hey Kayla- I have been banded about a year and a month, no, less than a month after I had surgery I did the unthinkable: I swallowed a thin wedge of lemon!!!

I was freaked out. It was stuck for about 3 days. And oh man, did it hurt.

It didn't cause any damage and I was fine. So gum will be a-okay, too!

One thing that will help break that gum down a little faster is papaya extract from the health food store. Now that I am banded I always keep some at home. It's dirt cheap and doesn't irritate the pouch/band.

Strangely enough, since that incident I have never gotten stuck again so maybe we'll be alike in that way: we learned our lessons early ;-)

Looking forward to your next post!!!

Bonnie said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hopefully the gum didn't cause any crazy malfunction of your band. Hope you are doing well.