Ticker

Layout

January 05, 2011

ER + crazies = entertainment

So there I was in bed getting ready to go to sleep.. drinking a protein shake while im browsing the internet.
I started getting stomach pains and thought, "ugh okay enough of this shake"...maybe I put too much peanut butter or something in it and it was giving me heartburn.

All of a sudden im in serious pain..flopping around in my bed, thinking i am about to die. Dramatic yes?
I start feeling weak and faint..so-much-pain! The pain in my stomach and pains in my back lasts about 20 mins. Then they go away. I think i'm in the clear. I start to lay down to goto sleep, but oh no, it happens again! Severe abdominal pain...i get up and try to walk around hoping that maybe it'll go away. At this point I have no idea what is going on..but this is exactly what happened 3 weeks ago. I go into the bathroom, bent over the sink, feeling oh so weak. Here...it...comes... The vomit.

Now i've been on liquids all day so there isn't much food coming up, actually like nothing at all but a wholeee lot of liquid.

My boyfriend is preparing himself to take me to the hospital. Since this is the 3rd time this has happened in 3 weeks I agree to go right away. After the hospital did all the blood work & I had a ultrasound to check my gallbladder and pancreas. I am wheeled back to my room. The ER doctor comes in to inform me that I have gallstones. I know nothing about this so I ask him how did I get them, he gives me some bullshit answer. He doesn't know, it could be many different reasons. I have seen him 3 times and he seems to never know anything. Crazy huh?

So needless to say i am going to have to have my gallbladder removed. I am going to my bariatric doctor tomorrow and i'm going to find out if my surgeon can do this and get some other info. But i remember doing alot of research before I had my lapband surgery and read alot about people having their gallbladders removed after surgery. So is this common with weight-loss surgery? When i asked my doctor about it back when i met with him for my consultation he said just because i have weight-loss surgery doesnt necessarily mean i'll have to have it removed.

So there you have it, I am infected with gallstones. yay! ugh.. so lame if you ask me. These "attacks" are so damn painful. And the worse part is, I dont know when ill have one of these "attacks".

On a good note, the ER was packed with crazies last night so at least I had some good entertainment during all the waiting.
A crazy women running out of the ER screaming the doctor is a nazi. She's telling the police officer she has a mob hit out for her but that she wants to become a cop. But she claims to be on drugs but she is all there mentally & the doctor is a nazi because he wants to baker-act her.
Absolute craziness. but pure entertainment.


So lets see what happens tomorrow at the doctors. Wish me well ^.^

5 comments:

Heather said...

I feel for ya! A bum gall bladder hurts! You will feel much better after it is out! I had mine removed 10 years ago and I still remember the attacks like it was yesterday. Good luck!

Jenny said...

OMG. I have heard that a lot of patients have gallstones after surgery. I'm sorry you do though, I have heard its really painful. I hope you feel better soon!!

Jess said...

Ohhh! That sucks! I have sharp pains in that area quite a bit. It's probably my gallbladder but it's not bad. Hopefully my stones break up on their own or are small enough to pass through.

It is quite common though.

Good luck!

Shrinking Mommy said...

OMG! i think i have read that there is a connection between WLS and gallstones. if Dr. B. can do the surgery, i would vote for him!

let me know if you need anything locally!

Kayla said...

Thank you all for your concern, it's a sure deal i'm gonna have to get it pulled out.

Heidi - Dr. B isnt gonna be in the office for a while, but i met with Dr. E and he said its really common and he did 250 of them last year!
I'll let you know what happens, thanks girl.