Ticker

Layout

April 22, 2010

My bio on Earth Day.

Happy 40th Earth Day Mother Nature!

I wasn’t sure if this day would ever come. No not Earth Day sillies. But the day i'd be blogging about the LapBand and me getting it. I always hoped it would but I was slowly losing faith.
But ya gotta have faith faith faith, right? Poor Fred Durst.

My mom kept questioning me how did this happened? How did I gain all this weight? I’m really not sure how it happened… But I do know that I’m tired of it and I am ready to do something about it.
Thus my journey begins…


But before we start that, here’s a flashback.


I’ve always struggled with my weight, I always thought I was bigger then other kids my age but it was never brought up till one lucky day. Heh
I remember being in 4th grade and we (the whole classroom) were all pulled out into the hallway to check our backs for TB and to weigh us. There was a lady sitting at a desk writing down our measurements. She was about 5 feet away. So of course the nurse who was weighing us in and checking our backs had to call our weight out in front of everyone.
All I can remember was “100”!
O-M-G 100 pounds!! Nobody in our class was 100 pounds!! Probably nobody in the entire school was 100 pounds! (minus the teachers)
How traumatizing that was for me? So I guess that’s when I started to hide behind my weight and become all about jokes and humor.
I was never fat though. Not until I hit puberty. That has got to be when I started packing on the pounds! YEA must’ve been puberty!
I never did see myself as a fat girl, always the cute plump girl who cracked jokes and who was everyone’s friend. I was always in the popular crowd.

Year after year, my weight had seemed to go up, up and down, up and down. I started going to the gym with my mom. Working out 3 times a week with her. We always ate pretty healthy. My mom was pretty big into fitness and health so it was just normal to me.
But when I’d go out with my friends and we’d eat McDonalds and all the other yummy goodness bad food out there.
I guess I never noticed I was getting bigger and bigger. Or maybe I did but I didn’t want to acknowledge it?
I never had problems with friends or boyfriends. I ALWAYS had a boyfriend. Seems like I’ve never been single.
Speaking of boyfriends, I moved out of my mom’s house when I was just 17 and moved in with my boyfriend.
I was FREEEEEEE!! Free to do whatever I wanted. Free to eat whatever I wanted. No more grilled chicken and veggies.
Now it was Pizza and McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, and all the bad things I ever wanted.
And the best part (well I thought it was the best part) NO ONE STOPPED ME! NO MORE NAGGING MOM! YESSSSS!
I guess I didn't realize in the long run, i'd be Boooooo'ing it.

10 years later after many attempts of dieting, working out. Losing and regaining, and gaining more here I am today at 329 pounds.
FAT yet still FABULOUS!
In my eyes at least. Guess I too also suffer from reverse BDD.


After hours upon hours of research and reading I’ve decided to get the LapBand. Question is how was I going to get it?Insurance didn’t cover it. Didn't have the money honey. So I had to do some saving and now time has finally come after almost 6 months. IT’S HERE! I'm finally getting the band!! HIP HIP HOORAY! I still need to come up with a name for her though..

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda stalked Amy W.’s blogs. I came across her blog in my research and saw her before and after pictures and was like, “Hot damn! I’m just like her!!” “We could be like long lost sisters!”
Except, I’m from New England and she’s from Alabama. BUT we both now do live in Florida! Just at opposite ends! lol
So I got nosey and went back to her 1st post and read every single one of them! HOLY inspiration!!
So Amy W. if you ever read this, I can’t tell you how much you’ve helped me without even knowing it. I even told my mom and all my friends about you! And I showed them your blog too! Total stalker status! haha
My friend and I follow you on your blogs, she’s more quiet then me though. I already tried talking her into starting a blog. No go.
She is doing the Lap Band with me! Only a couple months after me because of the hoops she has to jump through with the insurance company. But Amy W. was also her inspiration to do this as well. We’ve decided that when we get down a few pounds or maybe 100, we want to make a drive up to your neck of the woods and meet you!

Now that this has become a total biography about moi.
I’m just gonna say this, I went to my consultation this past Tuesday and I am having my surgery on May 10th!!!
SUPPPPER excited!! I absolutely cannot wait to start this journey and
Hopefully I will become a fellow bandster blogger like all of you with [cue Borat voice] great success.
(If anyone reads this lol)

That is the end of my massive bio about me. If anyone has any tips or recommendations for me before I have surgery that would be spectacular!

I look forward to hearing from you & making new friends with you.
Thank you all for reading!

TTFN!
(Ta Ta For Now)


Sig2

5 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome!! May 10th will be here before you know it!! Just keep reading the blogs! When I was getting ready to have surgery, I googled "can i have wine on my pre-op diet" and found Jen (SouthernBelle)'s blog and the rest is history!! I love that everyone on here has been through the exact same thing as you are getting ready to go through. You will find lots of motivation and inspiration here! (and TONS of support!!!) Good luck!!

Jenny said...

Amy's story definately motivates a lot of people! Congratualtions on choosing LB!! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on scheduling your surgery date! Time will fly by and you will be banded in no time.

Bianca said...

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. May 10th will be here before you know it.

When I was researching the lap band surgery, Amy's was on the first blogs I came across, truly inspirational and very helpful. You'll find lots of support in this blog community. I'm an intensely private person and was hesitant to start a blog but it has been tremendously helpful. Looking forward to following your journey.

Good luck!

Beth said...

It is so exciting isn't it? Listening to your stories about being young and bigger than everyone else in the class totally brought me back! My mom and I got banded together too, last July so I'm right there with ya on several things. One great thing about this blog network is that no matter what you have a huge network of support, utilize it, because there are days when ya really need it!!!
Congrats and Good luck!