Ticker

Layout

June 11, 2010

Jumbo Caskets


Did anyone see Oprah today?

OMG was it eye opening. I may be very late on this but it's the first time i've heard about it.
Oprah had on Ryan Seacrest and Jamie Oliver. Jamie Oliver is a celebrity chef.
Jamie has started a new reality show called Food Revolution. Its a campaign about changing the way americans eat. What kind of food the schools are feeding the children. How parents are feeding their kids.
I think its awesome. I signed his petition. Im all for it. They're really has to be a change. I know we as individuals how to make the right choice but damn it's so hard when everything around us, every commercial on TV is bad, fatty foods.

Did you know that there is such a thing as a jumbo casket??!
I had no friggin' idea. I didnt even know such a thing existed. Apparently its very common now a-days.
Did you know that a obese person cannot even be cremated? How terrible.
Im talking about someone who is morbidly obese. This stuff really freaks me out and makes me sad.

I know the first lady is also doing something to help with the obesity in america.
I really hope things change for us americans. We live in such a food driven society. I hope the restaurants make a change.

I dont want to be buried in one of those caskets. I dont want to be fat anymore. I know i've taken the first step in the right direction but its still so scary. We know how scary it really is, us bandsters.

Im off to have a protein shake now.

Bye.

Sig2

8 comments:

Gilly said...

Not only do I KNOW about the jumbo caskets...I have put people in them. And let me tell ya...we do NOT want to be those people!

Bonnie said...

Reason #298 why the band is a wonderful thing.

Kerri said...

Ok, that is depressing! I do not want my kids to spend one single day obese! I went through that hell growing up so I make conscious decisions about the food they put in their mouth, the quantity that they put in their mouths and their activity levels. I had my daughter 6 months ago and she was the camel that broke this fat camel's back and got me moving! I will have to tape this episode when it comes on tonight (Chicago).

Fiona said...

As I am from the UK I am very familiar with Jamie Oliver! He completely changed our school lunches and now they are a lot healthier BUT he met with some startling opposition. The lunch ladies said it was too hard to prepare fresh food and some parents were handing hamburgers and pizza to their kids through the school fence at lunchtime. Can you beleive that?
I hope America gets on board with this plan because it will save money in the long run when these kids grow up healthy instead of overweight. But we have to change our cultures too. I am so tired of every social activity being food and drink driven. The football world cup is one example. The TV adverts just push cheap BBQ food and beer beer and more beer. What you cant watch a game without a huge meal and 4 crates of beer?????
On the death thing, I know someone that died from being overweight and had to be dragged out of their house on a matress because the firemen couldn't get them off the bed. Enough to make us stay on the straight and narrow eh?

Bianca said...

I saw that episode and the jumbo caskets freaked me out. Since being banded I've learned to appreciate quality over quantity when it comes to food. I like what Jamie did in the UK and what he's now doing in the US.

Meli said...

why can't they be cremated?

Kayla said...

Apparently because they burn like a candle cause of al the fat. =(

Jess said...

The first time I saw the jumbo caskets was this last February when I was planning my granny's funeral. I went into the showroom to pick out what I wanted and saw it there! I couldn't believe it! It is a very sad thing but it's realistic. Scary thoughts...