I dont see it but if the scale says it, ILL TAKE IT!
I havent posted since before surgery. Ive been taken it easy & relaxing. And boy has it felt good.
Last Monday was my surgery, the day my band & I became buddies. She still needs a name too. Trixie maybe?
I arrived at the hospital bright and early, 9am. heh
They pretty much brought me back to prep right away. I put on my lovely blue hospital nighty & hopped into the bed. The nurse right away hooked me up to the IV and the blood pressure machine. Then I sat and waited. I was kinda of freaking out because I couldnt get my nose ring out. The damn hole had gotten so small that the big ball on the inside wouldnt fit through. I looked like rudolph because i was trying to get it out all morning. I was so worried. I kept thinking what if they wont do the surgery because it wont come out??
So after about an hour or so of waiting my doctor came in and asked me if i was ready. He also assured me that the nose ring wouldnt be a problem. Whew!
Then the anesthesiologist came in, said he was going to give me something to take the edge off. I was rolled into the OR. I had to pick myself up and move onto the operating table. I laid down and the anesthesiologist said he was going to send me off to dream land. And like that I was out.
I woke up in the recovery room. Was alittle nauseous but mainly my throat was hurting. I felt like I had to keep swallowing. I wanted water but the nurse said i couldnt have it yet. She gave me a shot in the leg for the nausea & pain. I started to relax and drift in and out of sleep. Until they rolled in another girl next to me who was crying hysterically after her surgery. I think she had knee surgery. I could no longer sleep.
I was in recovery for about 2 hours. I was allowed to suck on ice chips then as long as everything was fine I could sip on water. Once the water had gone down & stayed down. I was allowed to leave. Water went down with ease.
I dont know if im lucky but everything has pretty much stayed down. Good thing, cause i don't want to throw up.
This past weekend i had soup from Olive Garden. I made sure to chew up everything really good. No problems.
I dont really feel restriction but I dont seem to eat too much either. Im trying to get used to listening to my body but it's hard to tell when im full. Im so used to eating until im ready to pop. So now i just stop if i think im full.
I am supposed to be on liquids for this whole week then I can start mushies next Monday. ugh
Im not one who likes soups. Im more of a chowder chili - kind of girl. So this has been a challenge.
I have a follow-up appointment on Wednesday. Im going to ask if I can start mushies & soft food early. (Pray he says yes!)
I also have some other questions. Ive read on LBT that we shouldnt use straws? Thats news to me. I love straws!
Well im off to make my protein shake. I will leave you with a picture. Pre-surgery. Rudolph the red nose reindeer.

Hope you all have a excellent week!

7 comments:
Sounds like all is going well. Congrats on great weight loss already.
Congrats and welcome to the other side!!
Glad to hear it all went well. Welcome to the banded side. Take care and great weight loss!
Congratulations on making it through week 1! The first few weeks (sometimes ) months can be tricky with eating, but as you get your fills and get accustomed to the band it gets easier and easier. Great job on the 19 lb loss! Thats terrific!
Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I would be Following you!
Congratulations on the 19 lbs already! You're doing great!
Welcome to the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Bandster's!!!
Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/
Welcome to bandland! Looking forward to being a part of this journey with you!
A lil late, but I just started reading your blog :) Congrats on getting the band. I am looking forward to following your journey!
Post a Comment