Exciting? I know, it really is. But I am getting nervous as well. I am not nervous about the actually surgery though.
More like, what happens afterwards. What life will be like afterwards. I guess it's only normal.
I started my 7 day liquid diet on Monday. So it's soup soup protein shakes and more soup for me! Sunday night for my "last supper" I went out with a BANG, Mexican style, Pre-Cinco de Mayo.
Theres a new Mexican restaurant opening near my house that i've been eager to try. They have been remodeling and painting for forever. I've been waiting for their NOW OPEN sign but i figured with my luck it'll open when I can no longer eat real food. But I drove by it last Friday and guess what?! IT WAS OPEN! HALLELUJAH!!
So I decided this is where my last belly busting meal would go down. And boy, did it go down.
We started off with a coconut mango shrimp in some delicious red sweet sticky sauce. It was completely sinful.
Then being the fat girl that I am, i ordered the combination plate. THE MACHO 3! I got to pick 3 things.
So i had a chicken chimichanga, an enchilada and a soft taco. It also came with rice and beans.
(OH!! I forgot to mention we ate 2 baskets of chips and salsa prior!)
It was totally delicious. I couldn't and didn't want to stop myself. But my jeans were ready to pop of my body if I didnt so we took the little leftovers I had home.
Oh but we weren't done! No no no.
They had like 4 desserts that I wanted to try! I was literally drooling over the dessert menu. I somehow had a-little self-control and only ordered 2 of them. I figured the boyfriend could order 1 and I'd order the other one so I didn't look like such a cow. We ordered churro's and the fried ice cream.
But sent the fried ice cream back because it wasn't crispy. The corn flakes they cover the ball of ice cream with was stale.
So we just ate the churros. Thank god too because I was ready to explode out of the booth.
So needless to say later on that night my bathroom got a present courtesy of moi.
Anywhoo, Yesterday I went to the dentist for a cleaning. And they decided I needed to have a cavity filled too. I was totally not expecting that. But I went through with it like a big girl. I was worried after how it would feel because I had a lunch date with my friend. Half of my face was all numb. I was worried that if I couldnt feel that part of my face I could possibly leak soup out of my mouth. What a disaster that would be. But no worries friends, everything went well. No leakage.
So tonight I have to do my last requirement, the Pre-op support group meeting. Also I need to get my before pictures done so maybe the boyfriend can help me with that tonight.
Oh and Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I wish i could induldge in some mexican food and cocktails tonight. But maybe ill have some black bean soup or something? Thats kinda of mexican-y right? haha
Hope everyone is having a good week.
xoxo

4 comments:
I found the pre-op diet to be tough, it sounds like you're doing great. Surgery day will be here before you know it!
How exciting your surgery is Monday! Can't wait to hear how you are doing. My surgery is exactly two weeks after yours!
yay for almost surgery time!!! It is a big change but before you know it you will forget about the band every once in a while. It just becomes a part of you. I am loving your last meal! I absoulely LOVE Mexican food and eat it all the time still. You might find after you get banded that Mexican food is very easy on the band and goes down super smoothe. Unfortunately it is a slider food and that makes it more tempting to eat it all the time!!! Dang....well good luck I hope all goes well!
When it came to the pre op diet this is what I told myself, if I can do this when its hard I can do anything, and I am ready to prove to myself that I can do what I have thought for so long is impossible, be at a healthy weight, so you can do this and it will just propel your sucess after the band - good luck tomorrow!
*Beth*
Post a Comment